"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Friday, March 23, 2012

Review of Sama Sutra


For those of you that find erotic art and poetry offensive, please do not read or look any further. If you are open to the delights of the human body, leave your comfort zone and bask in the magnificent art and poetry found in the Sama Sutra .






Sama Sutra
The Art of Sexual Positions 
Art by Samarel/Poetry by Deni

   Whenever Samarel approached me about reviewing his book of art and poetry, I first looked at the video above. The artwork captured my eye immediately and  I jumped at the opportunity. After a day chewing on it. I asked myself why I did such a thing. I am no art critic, nor am I a connoisseur of fine art. On the other hand, I do know what I like and what I don't like. So, I decided I would give this a go. My only concern, I will not be able to do this book justice. 
   My first impression was that the artwork is amazing. Cliche as that may sound, my opinion remains the same. It is absolutely amazing. The colors are vibrant and the entire scheme is pleasing to the eye. Since I am not an artist and cannot even draw an acceptable stick figure, I have to go with what I see. The pictures have a liquid silver type effect which makes them very tastefully done even though they are considered hardcore erotica. My understanding from what I have read from Samarel's website and an interview with him, he is considered a digital artist that uses a digital pen that is sort of like drawing on the screen. His pictures in this book feature men and women in different sexual positions. Each individual piece of art has a title such as Entwined, Back Love, and Giving Him. The art is wild, passionate and quite explicit. It is obvious what the artist sees in his mind comes to life on the screen.
   The poetry was written by an American female writer by the name of Deni.  Each picture has a corresponding poem. It is as if the writer was able to climb into the head of the artist, and set to paper that which is going on in the canvas. Titles such as 'So Deep' and 'Bridging' are just a couple of the representations in the book. A small excerpt from the poem called 'My Tommie' was my favorite. 
"I Love you sweetheart," he whispers softly
I smile at him, my eyes fill with desire
He kisses me then, lips as soft as rain
His gentle softness stokes my fire.
   If you are interested in what you have seen here, check out Samarel's website at http://www.samarelart.com/.
   I wish to thank the author for providing me with a copy of his book to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for receiving the book to review. 

I give Sama Sutra 5+ out of 5 stars
   
   
   



2 comments: