"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review of A Dash of Scandal


A Dash of Scandal
Amelia Gray
Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 9781402239793

   The Earl of Dunraven is obsessed with finding a thief who has stolen a precious family heirloom from his home. The local runners are having little success in coming up with suspects so Dunraven decides to take matters into his own hands. As time goes on, he keeps running across newcomer Millicent Blair in places she shouldn't be. Could she be the Mad Ton Thief?
   Millicent Blair is hiding secrets; but they are a far cry from what the Earl thinks. If he only knew what she was doing, sparks might fly; but with each encounter between the two, more then sparks are flying. Despite the lovely Miss Blair's attempt to the contrary, an attraction is developing between the two that both are hard pressed to deny.
   This is a lovely Regency romance that sparkles with dialogue between the protagonist and a feisty, yet appealing heroine. The sexual tension that develops, all but leaps off the page. The storyline is quite amusing as the heroine tries her best to keep her secret while the tension mounts between her and the Earl. This is a witty and lighthearted read that will most definitely satisfy the historical romance lovers out there. Even if you are not into historical romance, you can't help but fall in love with the characters. I highly recommend this story to all.
   I wish to thank Sourcebooks for providing me with a copy for reading and reviewing purposes. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for receiving the copy to review.

I give A Dash of Scandal 4 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. kimba88,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab review- new follower here.

    Please stop by my book blog when you get the chance...

    xo
    TToria
    (ttoria.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TTORIA, thank you for following my blog. I checked yours out. I am now following you. I lovw the looks of your blog.

    ReplyDelete