"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review of The Second That Burns


In the Corner
In The Corner
Jim Bronyaur
eBook Edition

   In The Corner is made up of three separate stories. 'The Second that Burns' is the second story in the book and is the one that I am reviewing. In this particular story, a man named Trevor is in a horrible car accident in which he should have died. He survives and has a terrible time coping with that fact. He is seeing Dr. Phillips who is trying to help him work through his problems and to see that his death was not meant to be. This story is the culmination of what happens. 
   This story sets you a bit on the edge of your seat from the beginning. Most people have difficulty coping with the fact they may be dying; but Trevor can't grasp the fact that he didn't die. As you follow Trevor, you are placed on a roller coaster ride through this man's psyche. This is a wonderfully written story that keeps you guessing from the start as to where it will end. Tension mounts from the start and just kinda  blindsides you at the end. You definitely need to read it to see what I mean. It is well worth the read.
   I want to thank Jim for providing me with a copy of the story to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any way except for the privilege of reading and reviewing the story. 

I give 'The Second that Burns' 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment