"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Review of Hunter's Fall


Hunter's Fall (The Hunters #13)
Hunter's Fall
Shiloh Walker
Berkley Publishing 6/7/11
ISBN 9780425241806
   Some very strange things are happening to Nessa. She has experienced a near-death experience and has not been the same since. She has not been enjoying her new life the least little bit and is not sure if she wants to. There are demons from her past and present that are on a collision course; but which one will win out in the end?
   Dominic, a vampire, has been sent to Excelsior because he is having problems with his memory. Along with hallucinations and bad dreams, he is convinced his sanity is on the line. At the Hunter Training Facility, he senses a female presence which is hauntingly familiar to him. The closer he gets; the more disturbed he becomes. The long forgotten past is about to surface.
   Nessa and Dominic are pulled together by fate and an evil that is far greater then the future. Will they be able to survive the battle and face their own demons and come out on top? The biggest question of all is whether they will be able to trust each other to survive.
   I have not read alot of Shiloh's books; but the ones I have have not disappointed. I have to say, she has hit another homerun as far as I am concerned. This book sucked me in from page 1 and I was not able to put it down. There was a tension in the storyline that started at the beginning and never let up until the very last page. The characters were strong and well developed. There were a few times I was really annoyed with Nessa and wanted to shake her a little. On the other hand, her character was flawed and you could expect no different. Dominic was my hero. Of course, I have a real soft spot for vampires and it takes alot for me to dislike them. There was absolutely nothing about him to make me dislike him. How can you possibly dislike a strong, handsome and sexy vamp? All in all this was a wonderful story and I would definitely read it again. 
   I want to thank Shiloh Walker for providing me with an ARC to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own.
I give Hunter's Fall 4.5 out of 5 stars
  

No comments:

Post a Comment