"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Demons Prefer Blondes


Demons Prefer Blondes
Sidney Ayers
Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 9781402251740

   Lucy's beauty salon has become a center of chaos for the Underworld. Her world is being turned upside down and a gorgeous demon, Rafe Deleon, arrives on the scene and assures her that he can help her. Lucy is not your helpless female and plans to handle things herself and come out on top. There is one major drawback, she finds him extremely sexy and has the 'hots' for him. You see, Lucy has unleashed a Pandora's box and is now half-succubus.
   Rafe was sent to earth to recover the Chest of the Damned; but arrives too late to keep Lucy from opening it and unleashing the demonic forces within. Rafe is determined to exercise control around Lucy. After all, he is a demon and should be able to resist her charms. His resistance is slipping, however, and Lucy has no idea of the power she possesses. Will they be able to admit that they need each other before it is too late?
   I absolutely loved this book. I so enjoyed the fantasy storyline. It is  full of humor, sexual tension, gorgeous demons and not so gorgeous demons. We even encountered the devil himself. I don't know if there will be a follow-up to this book; but I certainly hope so. The story certainly leaves room for a sequel. I would be very disappointed if there is no further tales of Rafe and Lucy. Not to mention good old dad who is the king. I will say no more because I don't want to give away any surprises. If you enjoy the supernatural, I strongly suggest you read this book.
   I was provided an ARC from Sourcebooks to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any way except for the privilege of reading the book.

I give Demons Prefer Blondes 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment