"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Interview with Author Liz Borino

I wish to introduce my guest today, Liz Borino. She has kindly agreed to stop by my blog and answer some questions for her fans and to tell us about her books. So, without further ado, lets get started.
Bio: Liz Borino is the debut author of Expectations and it's sequel What Money Can't Buy, released from Lazy Day Publishing. Throughout her education, including a Bachelor's Degree from Hofstra University, she's kept her stories to herself, but this only child is all grown up and wants to share them with the world. Her roots are in Bethlehem, Pa, but she loves to experience new cultures. As fun as that is Liz likes nothing better than curling up at home with a good book or her work in progress.

1-Okay Liz, I have to ask, why a story about gay guys?
   It's not about gay guys. Two of my main characters happen to be gay. When brainstorming Expectations, Chris spoke to me very strongly. He couldn't get married and have a son as easily as his father expected. Why? He's in love with his male roommate.

2-Are Expectations and What Money Can't Buy part of a trilogy or a series? If so, can you tell us a little bit about the next one?
   They are part of a series. In the third book, A Change of Heart, both couples deal with the changes parenthood brings to their lives and relationships. A loss rocks the family and once again everyone has to bond together to get through it. There will be new characters and we'll be reminded the past isn't always bad.

3-How did the twins, Chris and Matt come to be in the first place?
   I'd have to check with their father, but I believe they came from their mother, Victoria, four minutes apart. Judging from his domineering personality, he probably...No? Not what you want?

   I've always had an obsession with brothers. I find their relationship fascinating. Twins, especially identical twins like Matt and Chris, lend itself to a great exploration of this. They have such a great connection. Very few other people can understand it.

4-Have you been writing long and have you always wanted to be a writer?
   I've told stories my whole life. I don't actually think someone chooses to be a writer, they either are or they aren't. I've always had stories needing to be told. Writing was the best way to share them with most people.

5-What has been your greatest obstacles with your writing?
   Keeping my stories realistic, hands down. I have to remember, for example, parents with three kids cannot go out every night without feeling guilty, no matter how great their baby sitter. And if a kid is sick? No alone time. And my boys like their alone time.

6-Do you write full time or do you write whenever you are able like many authors?
   I also edit for two publishers. This makes my schedule more flexible, at least a little.

7-Who has had the most influence on your writing?
   I don't know that any one person really has. I take in life and it all affects my writing. Yes, even you.

8-What do you do for fun and relaxation?
   Relaxation? I think that's up there with weekend, as in a foreign concept. No, actually, I love playing with dogs, watching House, and reading a good book.

9-Is there anything you would like to tell your readers and fans that they may not know about you?
   First of all, thank you for being a reader! I love to hear from readers/fans. Please look me up!

   Secondly, I believe in the Law of Attraction. I think we get what we give in this life. So, please send love and positivity into the world around you. It'll make all the difference in your life and other peoples.



Expectations blurb: Expectations depicts the struggle between what we desire for ourselves and our familiar obligations. This is personified by Chris and Matt Taylor, identical twins who are trying to win their overbearing father's approval and acquire their trust funds. Their best friend and roommate, Aiden O'Boyle, left his family behind in Ireland to pursue a career in dance.

Robert Taylor, Matt and Chris's father has set certain conditions that must be met in order for them to receive their trust funds. Matt must work at a job he hates while struggling with alcoholism. Chris has to deny his own desires and deep love for Aiden, to get married to Matt's girlfriend. All the while, their father continues to use extreme measures to ensure his sons' compliance. Will they learn to lean on each other and discover their strength or succumb to their father's will? Amazon



What Money Can’t Buy blurb: What Money Can’t Buy, the sequel to Expectations, finds the two couples, Chris and Aiden and Matt and Carley, eagerly anticipating parenthood. However, their personal struggles continue. Though Matt overcame his dependency on alcohol, new temptations present themselves. And with Carley on bed rest, these temptations put a greater strain on their relationship. Chris continues to deal with issues regarding his father. These issues increase with greater proximity. When tragedy strikes, the best and worst in everyone is revealed. Can they stick together, or will their reactions tear them apart? Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment