"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Hint of Murder: The Writer by Lia Fairchild

   A Hint of Murder is a short story in the murder mystery series by Lia Fairchild. This is a well written story about an author, Alicia Fairfield who writes murder mysteries. Serial murders are taking place correlating to her books and starting from her newest book and working backwards.  Alicia has felt guilty from the start because she feels responsible since her books are involved.
   Alicia is the nervous type and is always talking to herself in her own mind. Her agent, Edward, is very supportive and is a bit mysterious. He has something he wants to tell her; but keeps putting it off. In order to make Alicia more comfortable during the investigation, he offers to stay with her until the murderer is caught.
   Since this is a short story, I won't say anymore because of spoilers. You must read this short story for yourself to find out what happens. Short stories are not something I read frequently because I always want more. I have to say that this has the makings of a full length novel. I was pulled in from the start and was thrown a curve by the way it ended. I bounced back and forth to several different suspects. Once I had finished reading, I could look back and saw all the signs as to who committed the murders. All in all this is an excellent read.
   I wish to thank the author for providing me with a copy of the short story to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for receiving the story to read.

I give A Hint of Murder 4.5 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment