"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Monday, May 28, 2012

Review of Consequences by RC Bridgestock


Consequences
RC Bridgestock
Caffeine Nights Publishing 2012
ISBN 9781907565168

   As always, D.I. Jack Dylan's to do list just keeps getting longer.  He is on his way home to start a long weekend with his long time girlfriend Jen. "The best laid plans." He receives a call to stop a jumper on the bridge. It is none other than the poor goof off "Chubby" Connor. He has done it all.
   Two unconnected horrific murders and a missing detective top Dylan's list. Will he be able to solve these cases and salvage his slowly deteriorating relationship with Jen? A young boy is found brutally beaten and a young wife and mother is found burned alive in a public park. The worst part of all, his missing detective seems to be somehow connected in the whole sorry mess. 
   This is the second book in the D.I. Dylan series. I have to tell you, the first book was excellent; but this book beats the first, hands down. The authors just keep getting better and better. I can hardly wait for the third book to come out. The story line flows flawlessly despite there being several different cases being investigated. Once I started this book, I could not put it down. I had to see what was going to happen next. Dylan is my hero. He is not your flowery, mushy kind of guy; but he has a special something that draws me to him. I was a bit annoyed with Jen in this story. Even though she works in the field and has been with Dylan for a bit, she acts kinda like a spoiled child in this episode. She should be well aware of the intense hours that he has to put in; but yet she is slighted at every turn because he is not there as much as she wants him to be. As time goes by, my heart softens towards her when all becomes clearer. The murders are quite descriptive; but this only adds to the appeal and fantastic writing of the story. It never ceases to amaze me of the lengths that humans go to brutalize another human being. If you like a good murder mystery, you will love this one. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and asking for more. I cannot recommend this one highly enough.
   I wish to thank the publisher for providing me with a copy for reading and reviewing purposes. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in any way except to receive the book to review.

I give Consequences 5 out of 5 stars 

4 comments:

  1. Eve this sounds like an excellent series and I love crime novels. I love that you said the author just keeps getting better, I am off to look up book one. Thanks for sharing this with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kimba88,
      It's great to hear you are going to start reading the Dylan novels. There is a promise of at least six books in the series - as contracted by our publisher, so plenty to get your teeth into. :-) We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we love writing them. Our website is www.rcbridgestock.com where you can learn more about us and read our blog which includes our recent tour. We enjoy talking to our readers so if you want to ask any questions or make a comment feel free!
      Best wishes,

      Carol & Bob :-)

      Delete
  2. Your welcome kimba88. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete