"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

Happy Ever After
Nora Roberts
Berkeley Publishing 2010
ISBN 978-0-425-23675-8

     This is the fourth addition to the Bride Quartet. Four friends turn their childhood game of Wedding Day into a dream business called Vows. In each of the previous books, one of the friends falls in love and plans to marry. In Happy Ever After, Parker Brown, who is the face of Vows, has to decide if she will allow her hardened heart to be once again opened by a man.
     Mechanic Malcolm Kavanaugh loves to figure out how things work and Parker Brown with the mile long legs is no exception. There is one small hitch. He is good friends with her brother. You just don't go after your friend's sister. In Parker's case, he is willing to make an exception. The big question. Will Parker be willing?
     As usual, Nora Roberts has not disappointed me. Some will say that the story is too predictable. I myself like predictable sometimes. I find nothing wrong with boy meets girl, falls in love and happily ever after.  In between, you get all the good stuff that makes the falling in love special. There are times I want to sit back, kick my shoes off and let myself fall in love with someone I know I will never have. You see, for me to like a book; I have to become one with the book. If I can live in the characters for just the time I am reading the story, the author has done their job for me. This may not be sufficient for everyone. When I read for enjoyment, I don't want to have to figure out what an author is writing. I want to live through those characters. Nothing more, nothing less.
    
                                                                                                          
didn't like itit was okliked itreally liked itit was amazing (my current rating)
                        


No comments:

Post a Comment