"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Present (Malory Family, Book 6)

The Present
Johanna Lindsey
Avon Books 1998
ISBN 0380977257

   I have a special place in my heart for Christmas stories and this one is no exception. I have not read many of Johanna Lindsey's books and some how I have missed the Malory clan. In my spare time, I am going to dig further into this family of high born scoundrels.
   In this installment of the Malorys, there is much tension afoot. James and his wife are experiencing some marital conflict. Of course, James has no idea why. Men are always the last to know, aren't they? Jason, the Marquis of Haverston, is unable to convince the love of his life and the mother of his child to marry him. To top things off, a mysterious present arrives that will affect the lives of the entire family.
   This little novella was a quick and enjoyable read. A long time mystery is brought to light and the holiday season will be full of joy and anticipation for the future. If you have lost faith in miracles, you will once again believe after reading this book. My only complaint was the story ended a little too abruptly for my liking. The story line was rolling along nicely and we get to the end and it goes from point A to point B in no time. I prefer a smoother transition for the finish. I would still recommend the book for a nice holiday read or one to read anytime. Check it out for yourself and experience a true miracle of Christmas.

didn't like itit was okliked itreally liked it (my current rating)it was amazing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment