"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Review of Making Waves


Making Waves
Tawna Fenske
Sourcebooks Casa
ISBN 9781402257216

   Julie has trouble fitting in; but she prefers to keep the reasons a secret. She hops on a boat in the Caribbean to dispose of her Uncle Franks ashes. Unbeknownst to her, she boards on the wrong boat and finds herself a stowaway  with some disgruntled corporate misfits. It turns out the one is her make believe "husband."
   Alex is a bit disgruntled because he has been kicked to the curb by an unscrupulous boss after twenty years of service. The last thing he needs is to be shackled to a make believe "wife" who is not normal and has secrets she is not willing to share. Of course, Alex has a few secrets of his own. The thing is, meeting Julie makes his life a lot more exhilarating.
   This is one of the most hilarious books I have read in a long time. Sometimes you just need a no nonsence, no brainer, chick book, to lighten up the mood. This is just the read. I have to tell you I have no laughed so hard reading a book in a long time. The main female Julie is absolutely hilarious. Alex is a brooder, with good reason; but at times you want to slap him silly. Even though the story is a crazy ride, it is well written. You have a bunch of misfit pirates on the high seas,  a crazy jock woman who has her hormones in a twist, romance in the air, and a pirate who is a gourmet cook. We mustn't forget the sex on the beach. There is a scene on the balcony that had me rolling on the floor. If you want a wacky and quirky summer read, I can't recommend this one enough.
   I wish to thank Sourcebooks for providing me with an ARC to review. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for the privilege of reading the book.

I give Making Waves 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment