"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review of Servant of the Goddess


Servant of the Goddess
Denise Verrico
L&L Dreamspell  May 2012
Kindle Edition 

   Cedric McKinnon has escaped the Indian Court of Kalidasa and finds Mia and Kurt in New York. Cedric has become a bit spoiled and pampered from his previous life and is not quite prepared to work for such meager wages and to live in such sparse conditions. He adapts quickly and becomes enamored with Mia. He convinces her she is the earthly manifestation of a Goddess and is destined to lead.
    Things heat up between Mia and Cedric which ultimately causes some issues between her and Kurt. Life has a way of working itself out and life does go on. As the story moves forward, it heats up tremendously and  Mia and Kurt discover things that cause a major turn of events.
   This is the fourth book in the Immortyl Revolution series. I have not read the other three books yet so I was a bit concerned about reading the fourth. My worries were unfounded.  The author does such a wonderful job with telling the story and her characters that even though I have not read the other books, I was able to follow the story line. The story flows smoothly and keeps you on the edge. I was unable to put the book down because I had to see what was going to happen next. My favorite character is Cedric. He is a bit of the bad boy; but the kind that attracts a woman to him. Mia is a strong willed woman and lusts after  him even though she is in love with Kurt. Kurt is not your strong alpha male; but his people follow him. The author does a wonderful job of pulling present day history into the story line and it just works. If you like vampires and fantasy, I highly recommend this series. If you just like a good story, you can't go wrong with this series either.
    I wish to thank the author for providing me with a copy for reading and reviewing purposes. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in any way except for receiving the book to review.

I give Servant of the Goddess 5 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment