"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Review of Friendly Fire by Megan Hart

Friendly Fire
 
Friendly Fire
Megan Hart
Carina Press 2/21/11
ISBN 9781426891403
 
   Kendall Frasier's partner is killed in a drug bust by 'friendly fire'. She is sent on a vacation to a tropical island as part of her psychiatric evaluation. The agent responsible for the death of her partner is also at the resort. She tries desperately to hate him; but only for a time. She discovers that Zane Vincent is beating himself up all by himself. She consequently cannot continue to despise him. The more they are together, the more the sexual tension develops between them. Eventually, sparks ignite between the two of them much like fire works on the Fourth of July.  
   This is my first read of Megan Harts. It was a short fast novella that is easily read in one sitting. Overall, this was a good story. The two main characters were well developed and both strong in their own right. The sexual tension between these two characters was tight as a bow string until it explodes into numerous erotic scenes. If you like a quick read full of sexual tension and fantasy, this is a good book for you. I enjoyed the storyline; but the story was just to quick for me. I need a little more meat in between the pages.  
   This book is not for everyone. If you are adverse to descriptive sexual scenes, I would steer clear of the book. Erotica is not for everyone. This is not a book for your teenager.
      I  received this free as an eBook from the publisher through Netgalley's book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's regulations.
 
I give Friendly Fire 3 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. So glad to find a new review site! And I love the photo at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete