"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review of Memories of You

Memories of You

Memories of You
Bobbie Cole
Carina Press 2011
Kindle Edition

   Charlie Vargas is a cold case detective looking for a killer; but she is more concerned with what happened to her lover. he vanished several months ago without a trace after going to Mexico for his job. Charlie gets a phone call from a man with Seth's voice; but she is skeptical. According to the caller, his name is Mason Aldridge and the only thing he remembers from his accident is her phone number. 
   Mason looks nothing like her former lover; but there are some things that are familiar and unnerving about him. The pair connect and they have the FBI and some nasty people following them that want them both dead. Sparks start to fly between Mason and Charlie; but will they survive to see where this entire mess will end?
   I really liked this book alot. I was pulled in from the start and could not put it down. Some of the storyline was rather predictable; but all in all I found it an enjoyable read. In some ways, it may be considered more of a romance; but you have murder, sex, a little humor, cops, FBI, conspiracy and love. I thought the storyline flowed nicely and all the characters fit bringing it to a natural conclusion. If you are looking for blood and gore and lots of murder and mayhem, you won't get it here. If you are looking for a nice afternoon read, I think this will fit the bill. 
     I  received this free as an eBook from the publisher through Netgalley's book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's regulations.
I give Memories of You 4 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment