"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Review of Laird of Darkness


Laird of Darkness
Laird of Darkness
Nicole North
Carina Press 2011
ISBN 9781426891
   Half-fae Duncan MacDougall is cursed. While he sleeps, Otherworld creatures are sent to kill him. Needless to say, the man tries to sleep little. The only thing that can save him is a magical bow that is in the possession of his half-brother, Kinnon MacClaren. There has been a feud going on forever so he has to steal it to gain possession.
   Lady Alana Forbes is headed to the MacClaren castle to her betrothed. She has never met him; but hopes he is handsome and a good lover. Lady Alana is no virgin you see. Duncan happens upon her entourage and discovers who and what she is. His plan is to kidnap her and hold her hostage. Lady Alana is furious; but finds Duncan quite handsome and wonders about his ability in the bed chamber. Will they resist each other or will matters become more complicated?
   This is a great little novella that can be easily read in one sitting. I have a soft spot for highland warriors and will read anything I can get my hands on about Scotland. There is just something so sexy to me about a man in a kilt. Top it off with one who has a soft spot for a woman, and you have me hook, line and sinker. This is a story of love, passion, sex and magic. What more can you ask for? Grab a cup of tea or coffee and sit awhile. Take a short trip to the highlands. You don't even have to leave your house. If you love Scotland, highlanders and kilts, you should enjoy this story. My only disappointment was that it was too short.
   I  received this free as an eBook from the publisher through Netgalley's book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's regulations.

I give Laird of Darkness 4 out of 5 stars
  

2 comments: