"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review of The Highlander's Heart


The Highlander's Heart
Amanda Forester
Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 9781402253041

   Lady Isabelle Tynsdale has no desire to spend another night with her much older husband. To make matters worse, his only reason for bedding her is to produce an heir, period! Not to mention the fact he returns later to beat her senseless. She escapes and becomes lost inside the Scottish borders. Her rescuer is the handsome laird, David Campbell, who decides to ransom her back to the horrors she escaped. Lady Tynsdale has no intentions of going easily.
   Laird Campbell has no idea what he is getting himself into and certainly does not expect the lovely Lady to grow on him. He quickly discovers she is more trouble then she is worth. Lets not forget he is having difficulty letting her go.
   This is one of those take me away stories where I became absolutely engrossed in the story. I love Scotland, highlanders and the romance behind them. Once I start reading, don't disturb me until I am finished. This is a wonderful story of romance, love, greed, jealousy, deception, and honor. The storyline flows smoothly from the beginning and had me pulled in from the start. The characters are witty and amusing. Lady Tynsdale is a strong willed woman; but shows absolutely no common sense most of the time. Laird Campbell is a strong and determined Scotsman; but he has a soft spot when it comes to his sisters and Lady Tynsdale. I think I fell in love with him because he is able to show his vulnerability to the Lady. In return, she is able to accept it without ridicule. All in all this a wonderful romance that you will surely love if you enjoy highlanders and Scotland.
   I wish to thank Sourcebooks for providing me with a copy to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for receiving the book to review.

I give The Highlander's Heart 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment