"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review of Three Sisters

Three Sisters (The Emily Castles Mysteries)
 
Three Sisters
The First Emily Castles Mystery
Helen Smith
Tyger Books 2011
 
   Emily is invited to a bonfire night/Halloween Party at her neighbors down the street. She doesn't really know them because they just moved into the house; but she decides to go because she is missing her dog, Jessie who just died. She finds herself amidst some rather strange characters and to top the night off, she is pulled into a murder. One that no one else believes happened.
   This is a short piece of fiction that can be easily read in one sitting. From the get go, you are pulled in with some rather strange and unusual characters. The way the story is presented, I had the impression this was going to be a murder mystery night and some of the guests were the actors. This turned out not to be the case. There is little known about Emily and it is a bit confusing how she will end up being a sleuth. In this particular story, she seems more like a busy body. The story is short; but it packs a big punch with information. The reader must stay focused or will lose their way around in the course of the storyline. I did not actually find anything amusing in this story; but I do look forward to the next one. I suspect that Emily could get herself into some mischief. If you are looking for something fast-paced and unusual, I highly recommend this one.
   I wish to thank the author for providing me with a copy for reading and reviewing purposes. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for receiving the book to review.
 
I give Three Sisters 4 out of 5 stars
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Riveting thriller that had me torn between not being able to put the book down with not wanting to finish it because I loved the characters and storyline so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you stopping by and I am so glsd you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete