"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Review of The Virtuoso


The Virtuoso
Grace Burrows
Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 9781402245701

   Lord Valentine Windham is devastated when an injury leaves him unable to play the piano. Music has been his passion and his soul for a long time. Music was how he expressed himself and his salvation from society and a father who never understood his need to play. Grief, loss, and loneliness threaten to engulf him until he wins an estate in a game of cards. He tackles the renovations with all he has. Little does he know that the widow he stole a passionate kiss from the year before is his neighbor.
   The widow, Ellen FitzEngle, creates art with her gardens. She is living alone to overcome her grief and loss of her husband and station in society. She craves human male attention and is hard pressed to deny the attraction she has had for Val ever since that one stolen kiss. Lust and passion grow by leaps and bounds when the two rediscover each other; but Ellen has secrets. She is determined to keep her secret and protect Val from the one person who could destroy her.
   This is a wonderful historical romance that I absolutely could not put down. The passion between Ellen and Val literally leap off of the page. The storyline flows smoothly from the beginning to the end. There is mystery, deceit, friendship that passes all imagination, romance and lust that will have you begging for more. There is something to be said for a book that can have you laughing one minute, panting for the shear sexual tension, and crying at the same time. Grace Burrows has a way with words that shows a wit, as well as, a passionate and romantic side. If you like a good story or historical fiction is high on your reading list, I highly recommend this book.
   I wish to thank Sourcebooks for providing me with an ARC to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except form receiving the book to review.

I give The Virtuoso 5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete