"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Retiring My Blog

After a great deal of deliberation back and forth on the issue, I have decided to retire my blog at the end of 2012. It may be sooner depending on the commitments I still have in the works. I have every intention of reviewing all that I still have promised to various individuals, as well as, the interviews and such. I will continue to give everything the attention that I have over the last couple of years. Even though I will be closing up the blog, I will continue to promote any and all publishers and authors on facebook and twitter. If any of my trusted authors and publishers want me to review, I will continue to post on amazon and goodreads. I just won't be doing it on a full time basis as I am now. I am regrouping and setting my sights on other things gearing up for retirement in the next couple of years. This does not mean I will be reading less; but the emphasis will not be on getting out all the reviews I do now. I am also planning on getting rid of some of the social site stuff except for facebook, twitter, goodreads and shelfari. I cannot give up my friends on these sites; but some of the others are a waste of precious time. I find myself spending way too much time on the computer. Enough for now. Will keep everyone posted as time draws closer.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck in all of your endeavors, Eva! Balancing life and commitments is always the most difficult part of any activity, and it's something I think all of the writers and bloggers out there can appreciate and respect.

    Hope to see you around Twitter, etc.

    Best,

    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you EJ. I will continue on FB and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear but definitely understand! Blogging is a HUGE time commitment.

    ReplyDelete