"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Monday, April 23, 2012

Interview with Sherri Rabinowitz

It is my pleasure to welcome Sherri Rabinowitz to my blog today. Sherri is not only an author, but has worked as an actress and still does so from time to time. Lets get to know Sherri a little better.








1- Tell us a little bit about Sherri Rabinowitz.

Well I've lived in California most of my life. I have traveled all over the country with my family and lived in Ohio and New Jersey as well. That put me in the position of being the new kid a lot. When you are in that position, you day dream, a lot.  I became a story teller and dreamer. That led to me becoming an actress and writer.
 
2- Tell the readers about your new book Fantasy Time Inc..



Its a fun story about a travel agency in the future but instead of booking a trip to Europe you book a trip to the past or future.  There are three threads to the story, one is a young woman who wants to escape the present to the romance of the past. The second thread is about an alien trying to find herself in the excitement of the Roaring Twenties. And the last thread is about the guide and co-owner of the agency who keeps running to a handsome stranger and can't understand who or what he is.

3- What was the inspiration for the book?

There was several inspirations. One of them is that I have always loved the past and find the time periods fascinating. The main plot line came to me in a dream.

4- Who has been your biggest inspiration as far as your writing is concerned and why?

Agatha Christie was a great influence because I just loved the way she wrote and I am still addicted to her stories. But the biggest inspiration isn't a writer. It was my Dad, he inspired  me to read and led me to write. When he saw I couldn't contain my imagination he said I should write it down. Create my own stories. When I started to get published he was my biggest cheerleader. When my first book came out he told everyone he knew and passed out flyers to everyone in the building where he worked. Better then a P.R. representative.

5- What is Sherri's Jewel Box and how did it come about?

I love jewels and design. It came about because I wanted to share my love for beautiful pieces. I also wanted to share how designers come up with the inspiration for their pieces.
I think the history of gems and jewels are fascinating. I love that gems have meaning and that design is pure passion.

6- You are obviously a people person as your various careers shows. Can you tell the readers some of what you have done?

I have been an actress in the 80's and at the same time I was a travel agent. I worked in retail and insurance. I loved being an actress and still do it from time to time. I loved being a travel agent but the internet and 9/11 changed the industry to the point that I wouldn't want to touch it any more.

7- Who is your favorite author and why?

Its hard to pick just one. I love different authors for different reasons. I love Jane Austen because she is funny and romantic.  I love Agatha Christie because I love the puzzles of her books and the time periods are so alive in them. I love Jo Rawlings because she lights my imagination. Sorry, its hard to pin it down.

8- What does Sherri do for fun and relaxation?

Hmm, I do read a lot. I go to the theater and movies. I do yoga and swimming. I have just joined some book clubs in my local  area.


5 comments:

  1. Great premise for a book! Thanks for introducing me to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interview with an inspiring lady. I too am an Agatha Christie lover. At the moment they are playing a series of Miss Marple on out TV. I just love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shirley and thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri is a wonderful author. I've read just about everything she has had published.

    ReplyDelete