"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Friday, January 21, 2011

Review of Crime Beat

Crime Beat

Crime Beat
Scott Nicholson
Haunted Computer Books 1/9/2011
Kindle Edition

   John Moretz is hired as a reporter for the Picayune newspaper in the Appalachian town of Sycamore Shade. Upon his arrival, a crime wave begins that boosts the circulation of the barely surviving newspaper. Each time the body count rises, John arrives first on the scene. The police are beginning to suspect him for the murderer. His editor is also starting to question him since he is first on the scene all the time. Should he reassign John even though the  papers circulation has doubled?
   This novella is fast paced and suspenseful. Once I started reading, I was unable to put it down and finished it in one sitting. All of the characters were strong and well developed. The storyline took off from the start and kept on moving until the end. I have never been good at figuring out who the murderer is in a story and this was no exception. I was totally surprised at the end.
   If you enjoy a good murder mystery, I highly recommend this book. You will not be disappointed. To take a quote from Scott's book, "crime doesn't pay...but neither does journalism."
   I wish to thank Scott Nicholson for providing me with a copy of Crime Beat to read and review for him. The opinions I express are my own. I was not compensated in any way except for receiving  a copy of the book and the privilege of reading it. For additional information on Scott Nicholson and his books, you can visit his website at: http://www.hauntedcomputer.com

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment