"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Review of Excelsior

Excelsior

Excelsior
George H. Sirois
Smashwords Edition 2010

   Matthew is a rather unnoticeable teenager who has created a cartoon character named Excelsior that is becoming very popular on the internet. Matthew spends many hours hunched over his cartoon hero in what he thinks is a creation all his own. One day a beautiful woman comes to his school and tells Matthew she is from Denab IV and he has the life force of Excelsior inside of him. 
   The planet of Denab IV has been taken over by the Krunations and the Denarian people want it back. The Elders of Denab IV come to Earth in an attempt to find their savior. Matthew has to be convinced that he is the one to save their planet, as well as, the planet earth.
   I do not usually seek out sci-fi books to read; but after watching the book trailer I was intrigued. When I had the opportunity to receive the book, I decided to give it a try. I have to admit I was skeptical before I started reading; but I was sucked right in from the start. I was quite fascinated with the characters and was pleasantly surprised with the storyline. After a few minutes reading, I was unable to put the book down. I had to find out what was going to happen next.
   This story may be geared to the young adult age group; but I think anyone who likes a good story will enjoy this book. I highly recommend it and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone to read. I would also be inclined to read it again. I only hope this will be one of many from this author.
   I want to thank George for sending me a copy from Smashwords for my Kindle. I was not compensated in any way except for the privilege of reading the book. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own.

I give the book 5 out of 5 stars.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment