"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review of The Eye of the Storm


The Eye of the Storm

The Eye of the Storm
William L.K.
sci-fi-cafe 12/21/2010
Kindle Edition

   This is the first book in the Strirtonoly Series which takes place on the planet of the same name. The planet is quite similar to Earth; but has a very different geographical makeup. There are different classes of people with a Czar who rules the entire planet. The Acidel slaves are the lowest form who are responsible for all labor and work for free except for a place to live.
   Interestingly enough, the sweat of the Acidel is poisonous and addictive and the Czar's son falls under its spell. This eventually leads to his own destruction and the demise of the planet as it is known.
   This is my first read by this author and it will not be my last. The storyline behind this book is quite interesting and  present day parallels the story of Stritonoly. There are many different characters and several creatures that make up the cast. It is interesting how the author weaves the present day into the storyline. You not only see a very engaging story; but moral and ethical dilemmas come into play.
   I have mentioned before that science fiction is not my reading of choice. I am quickly reconsidering. There appears to be a direct corelation between real life and fiction. Real life is beginning to appear stranger then fiction in more ways then one. I highly recommend this book for lovers if sci-fi or if if you just love to read. It is a wonderful story that will not disappoint. A great read for the teen reader also.
   I want to thank William for providing me a copy to review for my kindle. I was not compensated in any way except for the privilege of reading his book. I was not not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own.
   I will be anxious to start on the second book in the series, Barok's Exodus, and plan to do so shortly. I hope you will watch for my review.

I give this book a hearty 5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment