"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Review of The Willows


The Willows
Krystal George
April 2012
Kindle Edition

   Evelyn Magwire's life changes in the blink of an eye. Her parents are killed in an accident and her world is turned upside down. She can't feel anything. Her friends start to avoid her and her brothers are worried about her. She just wants to be left alone. Next, the unthinkable happens and she has to pull herself together because she is determined to find out what really happened to her missing brother. As time goes on, Evie is pulled deeper and deeper into the darkness. Will she be able to resist or will she give into the temptation?
   What would you do if you woke up one morning and found out that vampires really do exist? This is sort of what happens to Evie. She is not the best person for this to happen to. I found her a bit fickle and scattered. In the course of this book, she is drawn to four different guys. She goes from being a rather nasty person when her parents die to being this semi take charge person in the end. This is basically a good story and has lots of potential. I enjoyed the book quite a bit; but I found it lacking as compared to the authors other books I have read. There were instances while reading that I felt like there were pieces missing from the story. It didn't flow well in spots to get from point A to point B. I almost had the impression the writer wanted to get the story finished. If you like a different take on vampires or just like the paranormal and fantasy, I would recommend you checking it out. I did enjoy the story, but I was a tad disappointed in the presentation of the story.
   Disclosure: I was provided a copy for reviewing purposes.

I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars







No comments:

Post a Comment