"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Sir Richard Steele

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review of Cravings

                                     
Cravings
William LK
Sci-fi-cafe.com 2011
Kindle Edition

   Liam is a vampire from the old school. His lover, Elise, has betrayed him. She has taken a mortal lover and given him her heart. Liam cannot forgive and will not tolerate what she has done. Before he left, he promised to make her a full fledged vampire upon his return. Unfortunately, her betrayal is not without consequences. No amount of begging or pleading on her part will get her back in Liam's good graces. What are the consequences of her actions?
   This is a different and unique take on the vampire genre. This is William LK's first stab at the vampire genre and I think he has something here. My only complaint is that it was not long enough. I could easily see a full length novel with these characters. You don't see alot of fighting and fang biting in this story. Some have mentioned the romance. I didn't get romance from the story. I saw more lust especially on Elise's part and it seemed to be in an attempt to get what she wanted. The storyline flowed very nicely from the beginning to the end until reaching a surprise ending. This was a short, fast read that is easily read in one sitting. If you are into the vampire genre or just like a quick read, this is the book for you. 
   I wish to thank the author for loaning me the book to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in anyway except for being provided the book to review.

I give Cravings 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment